Thursday, August 27, 2009

Much Ado

I've been reading blogs here on Blogger for quite some time. I admire all the Christian women I see...homemakers, home school teachers, mothers, women who swim upstream, so to speak. I really wanted to create a blog to write here as well, but where do I fit in?

I'm unmarried, so I can't write about being a good wife.
I'm not a mom.
I'm not a home school teacher.
I'm not very good at cooking, or sewing (but I'm learning!)

I am moderately good at singing, theatre, costuming, dance...artsy stuff.

But I do have some things I want to accomplish here:

I love to write. I love the Lord. Writing out what I know to be true, reiterating what I believe and what I know the Lord loves...helps me to grow in my Christian walk. So, I'd like to dedicate this blog to my journey. I want to get to know the Lord, here, and hopefully get to know some fellow Christians. This is not a journey we are meant to walk alone.

I hope that we can get to be friends!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy - Very pretty blog. May the Lord bless your endeavors here as you glorify Him in all you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Amy,

    Looks like you are doing a good job and I second what Mrs. McDonald says--glorify Him with all you write. In fact, it great to just start off even asking Him what you should write about!

    Many blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miss Amy,
    I was blessed to run across your blog today. My name is Erika and I'm very pleased to meet your acquaintance through blogspot. :) It is so wonderful to meet a fellow sister in Christ, especially one that is single (like myself) and so committed to living a pure, Christ-centered life. It is so rare to meet a set apart woman who is so devoted to God alone. I cannot tell you how I have been deeply encouraged in my walk simply by coming across all these Christian blogs written by women (of all walks of life) determined to live radically for the Lord.
    I look forward to reading your future posts.
    In His grace,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete